Welcome to THE VW CAMPER FORUM
Sign in Create Account

Not a member yet? Why not?
Guests need to register to view our forum.
It only takes a minute and is totally free!
Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

Caravelle or Transporter?

Offline Hank

(26-03-2015, 10:32 PM)nickjimbo Wrote: Hope it helped Wink

Up to £9000 with all the next months bills paid already LOL, So will be very close in just 1 month. I have worked my ass off to save for this. Saved 9 grand in 4 months. Even been walking past sandwich counters, with my stomach screaming for an all day breakfast triple...Rolleyes But walked straight past it Smile
Literally going without almost everything. Even driving slow to save money on diesel. LOL

I'm going to pay the insurance up front too, Plus have money put aside for full width bed. I will start saving up for a pop top roof after I get the van. So, £1000 for insurance, £3000 for the bed... So need at least another 3 grand. Happy to buy anything newer than 2005, if low mileage Big Grin

I have decided that low mileage is very important to me and will spend extra to get a nice low mileage model. I'm going to spend a few quid on it, so lower the better Wink

Offline nickjimbo

That's good going to save 9k in four months!! Best of luck with your search and post some pictures when you get something. Wink

Offline Hank

(30-03-2015, 10:27 AM)nickjimbo Wrote: That's good going to save 9k in four months!! Best of luck with your search and post some pictures when you get something. Wink

Thanks. I will do a van conversion journal on here. My kids are so desperate to get the van this year, so all guns blazing to cough up the £££'s

Saving gets really tiring and draining, but don't have to do this too much longer. I just hate credit, finance, Not fond of banks at all, loans, credit cards etc.

There are always nice new vans appearing from Lands End to John O'Groats, and I will travel far if necessary Big Grin

Offline nickjimbo

Well done Hank! Look forward to the journal and good luck Smile

Offline mike parker

Caravelle better as vans more likely to have been abused, heavy loads or spillages of corrosive liquids etc. Look in auctions for Titan Holidays Caravelles, knew a driver and he said they were ace, air con the lot, no expense spared on them.

Offline Hank

(26-04-2015, 07:54 PM)mike parker Wrote: Caravelle better as vans more likely to have been abused, heavy loads or spillages of corrosive liquids etc. Look in auctions for Titan Holidays Caravelles, knew a driver and he said they were ace, air con the lot, no expense spared on them.

Thanks for that :-)

Had a good look. Up to £11,000 now. Going to put the purchase off until the winter as I have come to realise that I need £15,000 for a caravelle. Also I will be at 2 years no claims in November, so it will be much cheaper for me to insure.

They rock! I must get one Cool

Only problem I'm having currently is having that cash sat round doing nothing. It's killing me looking at 911's, boxster's and s2000's knowing I could buy one outright... Can you believe you can pick up an 02 Porsche for £4500-£5000. The Porsche costs like £40,000 a decade ago LOL Even get an older boxster for like £3500 with ims done Confused So mighty tempting :-)

It's killing me so much I have started a separate savings account for it, though only got £1650 in that 1, so that will probably be next year. Again, must have 2 years no claims by then.

Porsche and day van.. Maybe a bit of a mid life crisis thing going on here Dodgy

Offline Hank

So after putting the early stages of a mid life crisis behind me, I have bought the van this year instead of next. Sports car will have to wait... See my new thread called - 'Jenny One' My first camper. I will take pictures of her and put them up there. Expensive but got what I really wanted.. A 4-5 berth caravelle

Offline nickjimbo

Looking forward to it Smile Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
28-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Last Post: taf739
25-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Phil
10-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Phil