Welcome to THE VW CAMPER FORUM
Sign in Create Account

Not a member yet? Why not?
Guests need to register to view our forum.
It only takes a minute and is totally free!
Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

My 62 walkthrough split

Offline nige1171

Hi,

Bus was a fake 15 window when I got it (extra windows cut in) but over the last 3 years has been returned to original 11 window model and resprayed and fitted out as a camper inside (all work by me at home either in single garage or on drive)

Hope you like it.

[Image: 1598de0f286fccf2ca035381cac795d5.jpg]

Nigel Smile

Offline tuzza123

(13-04-2014, 11:41 AM)nige1171 Wrote: Hi,

Bus was a fake 15 window when I got it (extra windows cut in) but over the last 3 years has been returned to original 11 window model and resprayed and fitted out as a camper inside (all work by me at home either in single garage or on drive)

Hope you like it.

[Image: 1598de0f286fccf2ca035381cac795d5.jpg]

Nigel Smile

Hi Nigel Very nice looking bus good to see people doing a restoration themselves
tuzza123 (John)

Offline nickjimbo

Nice van Nigel Smile

Offline nige1171

(This post was last modified: 16-04-2014, 06:41 PM by nige1171.)

Thanks guys.

A couple of pics of when I got it in 2010...

[Image: P9110430.jpg]

[Image: P9110429.jpg]

Colours are now Fiat 500 Grigio Galante (browny-grey) & Mini Pepper White (more cream than white really).

Nige

Offline nickjimbo

Very nice in that colour aswell Wink

Offline Hank

Supreme job there. She is a beautyExclamationSmile

Offline Del

(15-04-2014, 04:26 PM)nickjimbo Wrote: Nice van Nigel Smile

I've seen a split screen locally, apparently they have had it overhauled and restored. This one is over 50 years old. How do they keep it in such amazing condition after so long ? Some serious TLC must have gone into that vehicle. The VW Splitscreen seems to be popular for chauffeur service for weddings. Does anyone know anything about this company that are in the West Midlands. They can be seen here - http://dubtales.co.uk/our-services

Dubtales seems an appropriate name too. They claim to be able to chauffeur for weddings in the area. Anyone heard of dubtales or know anything about their services. Also, what do you think of the dubtales VW  website. Do they look professional and should I contact them?

Offline nige1171

(09-02-2018, 11:31 PM)Are you looking for wedding transport in a VW Split Screen Del?They look nice because they’ve usually had thousands spent on restoration!i do weddings in mine too.  Check out my page too if interested http://www.bumblethebus.co.uk nigel Wrote:
(15-04-2014, 04:26 PM)nickjimbo Wrote: Nice van Nigel Smile

I've seen a split screen locally, apparently they have had it overhauled and restored. This one is over 50 years old. How do they keep it in such amazing condition after so long ? Some serious TLC must have gone into that vehicle. The VW Splitscreen seems to be popular for chauffeur service for weddings. Does anyone know anything about this company that are in the West Midlands. They can be seen here - http://dubtales.co.uk/our-services

Dubtales seems an appropriate name too. They claim to be able to chauffeur for weddings in the area. Anyone heard of dubtales or know anything about their services. Also, what do you think of the dubtales VW  website. Do they look professional and should I contact them?