Welcome to THE VW CAMPER FORUM
Sign in Create Account

Not a member yet? Why not?
Guests need to register to view our forum.
It only takes a minute and is totally free!
Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

hill start problems 1980 t2 1.6

Offline numnut30002000

i brought my 1st camper this month in brasil its a 1982 model and i must say i got ripped big time but i was in a position where i had to buy so here i am my biggest problem is on a hill start when pulling away the engine just bounces quite ruff and then rolls back my first thought was the clutch  i took the engine out to repair other issues and the clutch is new so its likley thats what the last owner thought it was ive read about issues with first gear but this dosent pop out it rolls back and then i have to take it out of gear and back in to try again myself im thinking a flywheel issue, the whole bus is run down and had no tlc for a long time i just wonder if anyone would know if this is common
 thanks in advance

Possibly Related Threads...
16-10-2016, 11:42 AM
Last Post: racing71
21-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Siandem
13-08-2015, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Chaps
  Willy won't start Started by Jd71
0 Replies - 154 Views
25-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Jd71