Welcome to THE VW CAMPER FORUM
Sign in Create Account

Not a member yet? Why not?
Guests need to register to view our forum.
It only takes a minute and is totally free!
Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

Child seats and seat belts in T2 camper.

Offline marksuts

Rainbow 

Hi all

I have a 4 year old and another on the way and wanted to fit two child seats. I have lap straps in the back but wondered if getting 3 point seat belts would he safer.

Has anyone dealt with the same issue?

I was thinking to get belts fitted over the rock and roll seat. I've seen the long ones Justkampers sell or a local garage suggested fitting a removable central pillar. 

Alternatively I know there are seats suitable for just lapstraps.

Am a bit bewildered over all the alternatives.

Am in W Lancs. Campervan is Devon conversion with fitted wood cabinets on one side.

Regards all and thanks for reading,

Mark

Offline Phil

So hard in a Bay, Mark. Having two young children, it's the reason I didn't buy one.

Sure, there are companies that will fit three-pointers - but one could argue that the van wasn't designed for it.

If it was me, I buy a new rock 'n roll, with three pointers fitted to the seat.

Make sure you get once that is crash tested - we have an advertiser that has a seat. Not sure if they do Bay, so better to phone.

Possibly Related Threads...
01-07-2019, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Joeynoodles
02-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Granviadad
28-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Last Post: taf739
06-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Last Post: tjcbhill
21-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Kat