Welcome to THE VW CAMPER FORUM
Sign in Create Account

Not a member yet? Why not?
Guests need to register to view our forum.
It only takes a minute and is totally free!
Why not sign up today and start meeting our community.

Thermo Pads. Worth it?

Offline nick500

Wavey
I've been looking at getting some thermo pads as our last few sleeps in our T25 have been a very cold experience. I have a gas heater which is great but a bit noisy.

Has anyone a set if 'Thermo Pads' and are they worth it? I'd like to know what you think..

Offline nickjimbo

(30-04-2013, 07:44 PM)nick500 Wrote: Wavey
I've been looking at getting some thermo pads as our last few sleeps in our T25 have been a very cold experience. I have a gas heater which is great but a bit noisy.

Has anyone a set if 'Thermo Pads' and are they worth it? I'd like to know what you think..

Hi Nick. Do you mean the one's that stick to the Windows or something else'?

Offline nick500

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013, 07:41 PM by nick500.)

(30-04-2013, 11:51 PM)nickjimbo Wrote:

Yep. Thats right. The silvery bacofoil looking things on peoples windows.Cool

Offline nickjimbo

(01-05-2013, 07:40 PM)nick500 Wrote:

Yeah,i found them pretty good,those suckers work well,and retain the heat in the van,they keep the sun out aswell(whenever you can see it!!)Cool

Offline nick500

(01-05-2013, 07:52 PM)nickjimbo Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 07:40 PM)nick500 Wrote:

Yeah,i found them pretty good,those suckers work well,and retain the heat in the van,they keep the sun out aswell(whenever you can see it!!)Cool

Thanks Nickjimbo.

Offline 75bay

Use them all the time in my T2.Agree good for keeping Sun out or warmth in.Would never go away without them.

Offline Ecclestn

Use them on a t4 all year mate never camp without them . Superb

Offline Rudeboy

I do not have such matts for my T4 syncro Westie yet, but I will :

-they work fine in 30+ degrees C during summer
-they work fine in cold weather for the rest of the year

Now, I am also on the lookout for thermo matts to give less heat loss thru my sidewalls on the pop up roof, too. Same stuff, they are to be hung along the rigde of the Westie-roof and the intension is they keep more of your precious heat in the van longer (than if you only had the canvas "stopping" heat loss during cold weather conditions).

Of course, recident in Norway we get some nights during the winter when I have to use the "land line" 230V power supply to feed the leisure battery but I recogn such matts inside the frontwindows and around the Westfalia pop up walls will help a bit - hate to listen to the air-Eberspächer heater all night thru, thou.

Possibly Related Threads...
14-04-2019, 01:42 PM
Last Post: mpmike
14-04-2019, 01:32 PM
Last Post: mpmike